Watermelon Lemon Popsicles

6:31 AM


Whenever the weather heats up, I get an incurable craving for popsickles.  However, many of the frozen treats sold in stores are filled with unnecessary sugar, artificial flavors, and corn syrup.  In order to be on my healthiest behavior and make them myself! It's quick, easy, and refreshingly satisfying!




Watermelon Lemon Popsicles 
(Makes 6)

  • 1/4 of a Whole Watermelon (cut into chunks)
  • 1 Lemon
  • Stevia or Agave (optional)
First, juice the lemon. I prefer to do this with an old school citrus press, although you can use a juicer if you'd like. Next, pour the lemon juice into a blender or food processor, add the chunks of watermelon, and blend until smooth. Taste check! If it's too sour and not sweet enough, feel free to add some stevia or agave until it has the sweetness you desire (don't forget to blend again!). When you're happy with the taste, pour the juice into posicle molds and wait approximately 2 hours until they are completely frozen. When you're ready for a sweet healthy treat, take one out and enjoy!!!

I was inspired by this Lemonade recipe.  Afterall, what tastes more like summer than watermelon and lemonade. Let me know what you think! 




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This post just reminded me that I have a popsicle mold in the pantry that I haven't used in a while...I also like using blueberries or chunks of fruit in the popsicle as well.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting chunks of fruit in my popsicles as well, it adds a nice touch especially when they're for a get together! I haven't tried blueberries in them yet, but I'll definitely try it out. Thank you!!!
    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete