The Tone It Up Challenge: Week 1

3:00 AM


First week of the Tone It Up Challenge is complete! There are so many words I could use to describe  this week  - energized, headaches, sore muscles, GIVE ME PASTA, and so on. So because this week was such a rollercoaster of emotions, I'm going to break it down day by day♥

Sunday

 Grocery store mayhem, meal prep, and the sad realization of what I currently look like  in a sports bra and shorts...

The grocery store was so devoid of fresh food you would think there was a healthy food apocalypse taking place. Bananas were completely gone at one store, lack of cucumbers, pretty much only bagged veggies available-clearly it was the first week of January and New Years Resolutions. I had to go to two stores just to get everything I needed.

After spending way too much time at the grocery store I finally made it home to begin meal prep. Meal prep took longer than I would have liked and I didn't even make much.  Really, I only made protein pancakes, doughnuts, and chopped up a few veggies.  Luckily, I was watching Netflix so I didn't notice the time until after I finished and everything was packed.

One of the sadder points of the day was when I took my before photos and my measurements. At this moment I realized just how much I let myself go over the past few months and I mean I reallyyyyyyy let myself go.  The silver lining of this terribly depressing ten minutes is that it gave me the motivation I needed to really start this 8 weeks off on the right foot and to make sure that I never look like cottage cheese spilling out of a plastic bag ever again.



Monday
The actual start of the challenge.

Today marked the actual beginning of the challenge. I woke up a little after 5am and got my Bootycall (early morning workout) in which was one of the exclusive (and absolutely awesome) workouts. I had protein pancakes for breakfast and then 100% stuck to all of the plan meals after that. I felt energized all day and not even slightly hungry.

Tuesday
Coconut + yogurt texture = my kryptonite.
I'm already sore? Crazy. I woke up today again alittle after 5am and did the brand new toning workout on toneitup.com - it was amazing. Short, sweet, and fit perfectly into my busy morning. Today I stuck to the meal plan until my fourth meal of the day...

Coconut yogurt and I are not friends. We will never be friends and I'm okay with it. I got the So Delicious Coconut yogurt in their greek style-it was the one that I found highly recommended for coconut yogurt- and I hated it.  The texture was great but the taste reminded me of the time I tried eating vegan cheddar-sour. I wish I loved it, but coconut yogurt and I are definitely not compatible. 

Sorry Coconut yogurt, it's not you, it's me.




Wednesday & Thursday
I'm sick.


I caught the cold! Boo! :(
I stayed home from work and pretty much never left my couch unless I need juice or soup.  By default, my meals were 100% TIU approved because if I ate it was either antioxidant juice, ginger juice, veggies, or lean chicken soup.
I truly believe that juicing when you're sick reduces the duration of it. I was back to normal-ish by Friday!


Friday
I'm an addict.
So today I started out my morning around 6:30am. Hey, I was just sick for the past two days so sleeping in is just recovery. Got in the exclusive new yoga HIIT routine and it was killer. Meals were 100% on point with the 8 week meal plan.

Today I started to get a terrible headache. From experience and reading, I know it's completely normal to go through processed food and sugar withdrawals when you're starting to eat clean and that is exactly what this was-withdrawals. Bad food is like a drug. You get addicted, can't stop eating it, then when you try to quit, you get withdrawals. Attention world, my name is Katrina and I am a junk food addict.

To try and combat my lovely headache, I drank tons of water and laid low for the night. My body needed it.

Saturday
Dear head, please stop hurting me.

Today I woke up with the remnants of my headache. Drank tons of water early on and felt fine by mid day!  Instead of completely sticking to the meal plan, I finished my perishable protein doughnuts and had a snack bar when I was running errands. I also finally gave into my peanut butter cravings and had a PB&J wrap-totally worth it! Dinner was chicken and quinoa pilaf with veggies, then some after dinner rolling to wrap up the night and my first week of the challenge♥


If you haven't signed up for the challenge go to Tone It Up!

Feel free to follow me on Instagram for more daily pics during the challenge♥







You Might Also Like

0 comments