Sea Salt Spray

3:00 AM


Does anyone else have that oddly wavy, usually frizzy, always takes far too long to style hair like I do?  Seriously though, my hair just doesn't understand my lazy girl ways-
I'm the girl who stops blow drying her hair halfway through because my arm gets tired. But in my defense, it takes almost a half hour to completely dry my hair-no lies, ask my hair dresser!  Naturally (get it ? :)), one of my favorite ways to style my uncooperative hair is with sea salt spray.  It is literally one of the only things that keeps my waves all day long and I don't need blowdry (bonus!).  Sometimes when I have extra money on hand I do purchase it in store (I'll list three of my favorites below!) but typically, I'll just make it myself at home.


So first you need a clean bottle with nothing else in it.  Next, you need 8oz (or 1 cup) of warm water so that you can dissolve 1-2 tablespoons (more if you want a stronger hold, less if you don't, I used 2 tbs) of the sea salt/epsom salt in it (you want equal part of each so if you're using 2 tablespoons, one tbs sea and one tbs epsom).  Fun fact, Epsom salt actually has minerals that help keep your hair healthy! Then add your 2 tbs of melted coconut oil to this mixture.  The coconut oil helps lighten the damaging property of sea salt on your hair.  If you don't have coconut oil on hand, you can also use about a tablespoon or so of your favorite conditioner.  If you want, you can put a few drops of your favorite essential oil in so you can have great smelling hair all day long-I used vanilla ♥  Finally, shake it up and use it to style your hair when wet or dry!  Enjoy :)

Now if you're not feeling up to DIYing it, two of my favorite store bought sea salt sprays are right here.
 Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray- $6.19 at Ulta

Uhh, first off, price on this is oh my god amazing for how well it works.  This spray gives you a flexible hold and beautiful beach babe waves all day.  I also love the smell of this one because it's light and not too perfumey (perfumey may or may not be an actual word but it works).



Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray-$27.00 at Sephora

This is probably one of the most popular seal salt sprays on the market and it is amazing.  The smell is wonderful, the hold is perfect, but the price is a wee bit steep.  If you have hair that is more straight than wavy, I would lean towards this one just because it does have a strong hold.


Please, please, please let me know what you think of the spray below! I've been using this concoction for a few years now so I may be a little bit biased when I say I love it ;)

xoxo



You Might Also Like

0 comments