How to Motivate Yourself to Start Your Fitness Journey

3:00 AM


I recently read a post by someone who was asking how are they supposed to motivate themselves to eat healthier, workout, and live an altogether healthy lifestyle.  Everyone's motivation for beginning this journey is different just like everyone's path to a healthy lifestyle is different.  Because I have ridden the fitness struggle bus a few times myself and have heard many other ladies' tricks to staying on track, I decided to post a few of them here to hopefully give the ladies who are currently lost on how to find motivation to begin their journey to a healthier version of themselves.


Think Small
Saying "I'm going to lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks" is a lofty and large goal.  These types of goals can sometimes be daunting to some so it's better to think on a smaller scale.  Instead say "My goal is to lose a pound a week", an inch a week, increase my dumbbell weight each week, etc.  Small goals are slightly easier to achieve and thus you get the reward of knowing you completed your goals and that in turn gives you the motivation to keep at it!

Vacation
Maybe you're getting married or you have a huge vacation coming up and you want to look and feel good!  This is a HUGE motivation for girls.  Sometimes being able to envision yourself with abs on the beach is all the motivation you need to start getting back on track!

Treat Yo Self
Maybe seeing a change in your body isn't the world's biggest motivation to you.  Instead, maybe treat yourself to something each time you reach a goal.  For instance, maybe your goal is to run 10 miles every week and if you complete that you reward yourself a new workout top or a manicure.  You can reward yourself bigger items the bigger your milestones are. New body + New stuff = winning.

Be Selfish
My personal motivation to get fit and live a healthy life is quite simply me. My only motivation is getting fit for myself and no one else.  I want to live a long, confident, and happy life.  I don't want to be held back by my lack of confidence because my clothes don't fit the way I want them to, my lack of strength because I can't lift anything more than 30 pounds without hurting myself- I know that if I get my workout in everyday and treat my body right, I can face anything that comes at me.  So be selfish, do it for you and no one else!

xoxo



You Might Also Like

0 comments